The Northern Ireland Curriculum is set out in six Areas of Learning.
1. Using Communication (including Talking & Listening, Reading, Writing)
2. Using Mathematics
3. The Arts (including Art & Design, Drama, Music)
4. The World Around Us (focusing on Geography, History, Science and Technology)
5. Personal Development and Mutual Understanding (focusing on emotional development, social skills, learning to
learn, health, relationships and mutual understanding in the local and global community)
6. Physical Education (through play and a range of physical activities)